Hello, we're Codal
Codal is an end-to-end user experience design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Our clientele has ranged from small business to the Fortune 100, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
Why Work with Us?
As a Codal employee, you're a member of a dedicated & driven organization, composed of industry visionaries and auteurs. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company, in a friendlier, tight-knit office community.
An Insider's view of Codal
What are some social events your company does?
Whirlyball, escape rooms, softball leagues, scavenger hunts, happy hours, sendoff parties, game nights; it's tough to name an activity we haven't done as a company. At some companies, if you're not into say, kickball, you're kinda out of luck in terms of social events. Here, the variety's great, because there's something for everyone.
Front End Engineer
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
Collaboration is huge at Codal. Part of that is through regular, formal meetings—project managers checking in with designers, designers coordinating with devs—but part of it is informal too. I'll talk shop with different team members over lunch or coffee, either to pick their brain or just get their opinion on something I'm working on.
How does the company support your career growth?
Codal was my first job after a major career change — I started as an intern, still feeling unsure of what I wanted to do long-term. Codal's leadership embraced that uncertainty, giving me the opportunity to try my hand in different roles and on different teams before settling on something that was a great fit for both of us.
What is your vision for the company?
I founded Codal because I saw a lack of transparency and efficiency in digital agencies. Too many slapped a shiny coat a paint on a poorly made product, then bailed, leaving their clients high and dry. I thought there was a better way to run a purposeful, intelligent, and innovative agency, and that's been the vision ever since.
What's something quirky about your company?
Well, I haven't worked anywhere else that let me stockpile a Nerf Gun arsenal in my office. Enter at your own risk
Where we are
Located in the heart of River North, we've got quick access to public transit, restaurants, bars, gyms, parking garages—whatever you need, it's close!
Perks + Benefits
Highly diverse management team
Mean gender pay gap below 10%
Health Insurance & Wellness
Health Insurance Benefits
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Remote Work Program
Return-to-work program post parental leave
Vacation & Time Off
Paid Sick Days
- We have seriously had a blast traveling all around the world for different trade shows and conferences. From going to MWC in Barcelona, to HIMSS in Orlando, our team has been able to both network with other companies, and become closer as a whole.JennaMarketing Manager
- Everyday I learn something new at Codal, I’m happy I landed a position that I can constantly grow and evolve in. The friendly conversations with coworkers and wine Friday’s don’t hurt either :)ClareMarketing Designer
- The best part of being member of Codal is that you learn to confide in each other’s abilities to convert problems into opportunities. You are taught not to be afraid of making mistakes! You learn from them.BinoyTechnical Project Manager
- I get to solve complex problems every day and see the direct result of my work existing out there in the world.AaronProject Manager
- Every day’s different, which means things never get boring at Codal. There are new challenges, new opportunities, and new kitchen snacks every week. Gotta say I prefer that last one, but the rest are alright too. Shout out Hot CheetosPoppyProject Coordinator
Jobs at Codal15 open jobs
Data + Analytics
Design + UX
Dev + Engineer
Design + UX
Design + UX
Data + Analytics
Technology we use
- jQuery UILibraries
- Twitter BootstrapLibraries
- Ruby on RailsFrameworks
- Big CommerceFrameworks
- Maria DBDatabases
- Microsoft SQL ServerDatabases
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics