Business Intelligence Analyst
PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to deliver cloud-based software that collects and displays ratings and reviews on websites.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will help lead the next generation of analytics and insights product offerings. Using the robust and unique combination of tools and datasets available at your disposal, you will work with the team to take complex but related information and distill it into actionable reports for non-technical audiences. You will work jointly with analytics, engineers, and product to deliver high value reporting that takes advantage of PowerReviews rich and unique consumer behavior datasets.
- Work closely and interact directly with business, technology and product stakeholders to define and document business intelligence solution requirements
- Takes ownership in projects and suggests revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase value of business intelligence.
- Understand the types of data clients are using to make decisions in their own business and how we can leverage that data (and our own) to create new data product offerings
- Articulate storytelling to business & product stakeholders - i.e focus on telling the “business” story that the data shows (and abstract the data complexities and process involved) and have a strong influence on the audience
- Technical expert in executing an effective reporting solution with an interest/aptitude in Analytics and data viz best practices
- Ability to work with large datasets, consumer behavior, webiste behavior, and online ecommerce databases to help answer a diverse set of business questions.
- Familiarity with both SQL and NoSQL technologies, esp. AWS technologies including Redshift.
- Proficient in Jaspersoft and other data visualization software that will allow for fast deployment of scalable client ready deliverables.
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity in solving problems is a must. Possess strong communication skills including the ability to publicly present ideas and foster dialogue among internal groups.
- Loves working with data and dreams of becoming a Data Scientist someday (or maybe already is a Data Scientist!)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States both currently and in the future without sponsorship
- At least 1-4 yrs of relevant work experience.
- Proven track record of taking datasets and creating actionable reports/visualizations that drive behavior change/decision making.
- Fundamental knowledge of applied statistics, predictive analytics, and mathematics
- Superior verbal, visual and written communication skills with a willingness to learn, share, and improve.
Transparency: Transparency in communication drives trust.
Accountability: We hold each other accountable to execute and improve.
Learning: Continuously learn new skills to find your super power.
Collaborating: Collaborate with colleagues, customers, and partners to win.
Celebrating: Celebrate the wins and share our success.