Business Intelligence Analyst at ShopRunner
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The ShopRunner Analytics team drives insights in every aspect of our business including marketing, product, and partner relationships. The Business Intelligence Analyst will be a critical member of the ShopRunner Analytics team working on Looker development, dashboard design, and ad hoc analytics requests. This person will work directly with business stakeholders and provide reliable reporting and analysis in our fast-paced and autonomous work environment.
We are looking for a curious and enthusiastic analyst with great communication skills to join our lean and agile team. You should be comfortable with ambiguity, have experience drilling into data issues and translating data stories between technical and business audiences. This Business Analyst reports to the Manager of Business Analytics & Optimization and will collaborate with a broad cross-functional team.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work across all teams to understand their reporting/data needs and build scalable solutions to answer business question
- Uncover optimization opportunities for product, marketing, or tech leadership
- Analyze business metrics to report performance drivers to senior leadership
- Use Looker and LookML to create both data models and data visualizations
- Create actionable business reports and dashboards for stakeholders across all aspects of the business
- Use SQL to analyze/QA/investigate large datasets
- Adhere to our analytics best practices (including code reviews, testing, and documentation)
- Ad Hoc analysis as needed to support internal/external requests
- Support the organization’s use of Looker through sharing how someone can get the answer in addition to answering the question.
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of experience as a data analyst in a consumer-facing company
- Expert knowledge of SQL and Excel for querying, manipulating, and visualize large datasets (millions of rows)
- Experience with one or more business intelligence tools like Tableau, Power BI, Looker, or Qlikview
- Familiarity with how clickstream data is tracked and how to identify and resolve tracking issues
- Experience in storytelling through data visualization
- Willingness to gather requirements to process messy, non-standardized or unstructured data.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow-through on tasks, collaborating across multiple teams
- Excited to tackle ambiguous business problems in a fast-paced startup culture
- Strong time management and communication skills
- You welcome peer reviews and incorporating feedback
- Familiarity with data warehouse concepts
- Familiarity with ETL creation and testing
- Familiarity with A/B Testing
- Experience with Looker
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status