Where KeHE goes, goodness follows.
KeHE has grown tremendously over the years by exceeding expectations and bringing goodness in all we do. We're now bringing that same goodness to our workforce by creating friction-free processes. We're focused on simple and intuitive ways to work. We're building systems where our employees come together each day and do what truly makes us human; collaborate, share, and connect. You'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in new and interesting ways. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a team where our collective intelligence, collective effort, and collective passion is brought together to do something worth doing!
The KeHE tech teams ensure each person has the tools, proper connectivity, and a comfortable remote/work-from-home setup for qualifying roles. Even as we begin safely welcoming employees back to our HQ office in Naperville, 100% remote work will continue to be an option for this position. At this time, we are not providing visa sponsorship for this position. All qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
As the Business Intelligence Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of KeHE by engaging with internal business stakeholders of all levels. You will consult with them, provide support & guidance in defining and delivering their BI needs by turning data into actionable information.
- Perform full lifecycle Business Intelligence (BI) development
- Identify data sources, provide data flow diagrams and document source to target mapping and process.
- Collaborate with others on requirements specifications and documentation
- Design and develop SQL for large complex ETL jobs and conduct related database troubleshooting and maintenance
- Publish and consume data to and from the enterprise data lake on AWS
- Perform code reviews, unit and integration testing
- Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning etc.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable reports, dashboards, and metrics
- Maintain the design and development standards for Business Intelligence (BI)
- Keep current with Business Intelligence data trends and technological innovations
- Execute on POC's with new technologies, drive innovation, and new ideas
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- 4 Year College Degree from an accredited university in one of the following: Computer Science Information Systems, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field
- 3+ years of direct experience using databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server or Redshift
- 3+ years hands-on experience developing with TSQL, pgSQL, SSIS, SSAS (Tabular model), PowerBI and C# or Python
- Strong understanding of data modeling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts).
- Strong experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices including multi-dimensional modelling ( star schemas, snowflakes, de-normalized models, handling slowly changing dimensions)
- Experience developing and deploying SSRS reports, dashboards, and metrics
- Experience in creating Entity Relationship Diagram's using tools like Toad
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Self-directed and able to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across multiple workstreams
- Knowledge of modern development methodologies: Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
You would be a great fit if:
- You love a challenge and problem solving
- Enjoy learning and working with new technologies
- You are extremely articulate and concise
- You are proactive and resourceful with a drive to match
- You have an intrinsic curiosity for tinkering with data products
- You recognize the importance of data storytelling
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- You are hardworking and have a strong work ethic
- You are a quick learner and able to apply new technologies to business problems
Requisition ID 2021-12802