Business Intelligence Engineer (All levels) at Clearcover (Remote)
Clearcover is seeking a BI Engineer to work within an agile, collaborative team performing all facets of development, testing, implementation and production support of BI models, databases, services, and analytics. They must develop in-depth knowledge of the business environment and the communication skills to understand business user’s and customer’s needs.
What will you do?
- Develop working knowledge of Clearcover products, features, and related data sources
- Architect, build and maintain data models that enable us to transform data from a variety of sources
- Build out comprehensive metrics and dimensions to measure operational health and enable analysis and predictive modeling.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their needs, gather and analyze business requirements, perform data analysis, assist in change management, training and testing efforts.
- Develop and improve dashboards, self-service and ad hoc reports by extracting data from numerous sources and present to internal stakeholders
- Advocate for improvements to data quality and performance
- Collaborate with data engineers on infrastructure projects for sourcing data
What do you need?
- Your SQL ability is second to none.
- Must have strong foundation in business intelligence tools
- Significant experience developing and delivering customer-driven data solutions using dimensional data modeling.
- Strong business consulting skills - Ability to understand business needs and translate to BI solutions.
- Demonstrates ownership and a sense of urgency when completing assignments, prioritizes tasks as needed and puts in the effort necessary to complete assignments on time consistently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to collaborate across teams
- Have a passion for solving problems using data
- Have used Python or R when SQL failed you or was needed for a complex report or analysis
- Experience with Snowflake or similar cloud-based data warehouses
- Experience with Looker or other data visualization tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, PowerBI)
What’s nice to have?
- Experience with DBT (Data Build Tool)
- Experience with version control tools (Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with semi-structured data types such as JSON and XML
- Experience in Property and Casualty insurance industry
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.