Category Analyst, Retail
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Category Analyst, Retail: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country. This growth comes from dynamic distribution channels including e-commerce, independent specialty locations like coffee shops and fitness studios, strategic enterprise accounts like Caribou and Life Time Fitness and traditional channels like grocery, convenience, mass and club. Our distribution and retail partners require support, organization and tracking.
The Category Analyst will provide proactive insights to the Sales, Marketing, and other cross-functional teams, turning various sources of data and insights into actionable support materials that will drive RXBAR and Category strategies in the grocery, mass, club, and drug channels.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Category Leadership
- Support dialogue with retailers focused on growing the overall category
- Contribute to the development of and participate in category reviews, category trends, competitive evaluations, channel strategies, and industry summaries to sales team and retail buyers
- Generate summaries utilizing various data sources like SPINS, Nielsen, and Shipment data to help support overall business goals
- Provide business analysis and insights of sales, distribution, opportunity gaps for incremental volume
- Create and maintain sales decks, recaps, and summaries for Regional Sales Managers, Territory Managers, and Brokers
- Support consistent insight communication to the organization
- Share best practices and resources
- Support team needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Attend retailer meetings, industry events, and field visits
- Distributor Reporting and Insight
- Provide feedback on distributor performance against objectives and KPIs
- Understand distributor’s internal systems and structure
- Analyze monthly reports to find largest areas of opportunity for distributor, and use those insights to inform team
- Facilitate and lead the sharing of best practices amongst Category Insights team
- Proactively analyze and deliver insights on key industry trends and opportunities.
- Manage monthly reporting of insights into actions in collaboration with Data Insights team.
- Be creative with the way we leverage our unique data sources
- Provide analytical support with accompanying insights in the creation of Category Initiatives.
- Deliver analysis on new item introductions and performance analysis
- Provide new product/package mix analysis
- Deliver ad hoc analysis against tight deadlines as defined by the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Collect and organize data from the field about RXBAR and our competitors
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- 1-3 years of experience in Category Management at a CPG company or 1-3 years of sales experience
- Strong history of creating fact-based selling stories, and the ability to integrate multiple tools to solve problems
- Ability to interpret analysis results, formulate recommendations, develop presentations, and present to broad audiences
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite—advanced knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Highly organized
- Excellent communicator
- Extremely result and detail-oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviors
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-starter
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Creative problem-solving abilities
Total Rewards Package:
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.