Compliance Analyst, Marketing at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s Compliance team implements a program that enables Affirm to proactively meet regulatory requirements while also identifying issues that may arise. Compliance program activities include advisory, training, independent testing & monitoring, reporting, and oversight. As the second line of defense, Compliance proactively partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives.
Affirm is seeking a Compliance Analyst to support the Marketing Compliance Program. In growing Affirm's markets and products, Compliance plays a fundamental role by not only executing on key deliverables, but also providing subject matter expertise related to regulatory requirements and controls. The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for working with Legal and the Compliance team in identifying and assessing risk related to direct and third-party marketing of financial products through Affirm, as well as supporting the development and maintenance of the Compliance Management Program. This remote-first role will report to the Compliance Program Manager and will work cross-functionally with other teams.What you'll do
- Work with internal partners (Compliance, Marketing, Legal and Product) to review marketing materials and campaigns for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, company policies and standards
- Operate and build infrastructure to enable compliant marketing among our merchant partners and internal commercial and marketing partners.
- Assist in monitoring published advertisements and providing hands-on guidance to resolve any issues identified.
- Support the maintenance of relevant policies, risk assessments, trainings, and other related items (including internal testing and monitoring and external audits and exams).
- Maintain collaborative and positive relationships with critical business and functional partners, including Bank partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of professional work experience in Compliance, Risk, Audit, Marketing Operations, or Bank Regulatory.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- A strong interest in fintech and consumer-friendly financial products.
- Experience working with consumer financial regulations including Reg. B (ECOA), UDAAP, CAN-SPAM, FCRA, TCPA, Reg. P, and Reg. Z.
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.