We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
What we are looking for:
As a Computational Geometry Specialist you will be building cutting-edge software to analyze and reshape 3D data as part of the digital manufacturing platform Fast Radius is building. You'll perform independent research, design algorithms, and own the full lifecycle of testing and maintenance. You'll also play a key role in technical decisions and implementation questions, and help other software teams integrate and use your work.
Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Work with mechanical engineering teams and other in-house experts to formulate problem statements and share knowledge
- Perform independent research on open-ended algorithmic questions and propose solutions to current problems
- Perform detailed design and prototyping in accordance with the technical vision.
- Advise our software application teams– providing guidance on integration
- Own technical decisions and implementation from start to finish, including performance and quality
- Conduct skills development efforts when new technologies are introduced.
- 5+ years of academic and/or professional experience in the following topics: Computational Geometry (in 3D), Linear Algebra, Spatial Data Structures, Mesh Processing, Graph Algorithms, Numerical Robustness
- Publications in the above topics are a plus
- Software implementation experience in C, C++, Python, and/or Rust
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description