Customer and Audience Analyst at Root
Root’s Marketing Analytics team is searching for an analyst to lead analytics into customer and audience segments. You’ll leverage both your analytical and creative skills to understand the behaviors of our customers. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with highly talented leaders within data science, actuary, finance, and product teams to help us build a world-class marketing team. This is a high impact role to help Root grow our customer base more efficiently and profitably. If you are intellectually curious, independent, highly analytic, and find problem solving exhilarating, this job is perfect for you.
Location: Columbus, OH or remote (U.S. only)
What you'll be doing.
- Conduct various types of analyses to enhance marketing efficiency and provide actionable recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Build dashboards, reports, and alert systems for the ongoing analysis and monitoring of marketing campaigns and activities.
- Design and launch experiments, determine campaign targeting strategies, and develop category-specific KPIs, forecasts, and goals.
- Support Root’s Marketing Analytics Manager in attribution, measurement, incrementality, and data integrity.
- Assist in data management, governance, attribution rules, and data quality with other functional data owners to ensure data integrity across different departments.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support the senior leadership team and proactively conduct investigations when abnormalities are identified.
What we're looking for.
- 1+ years of work experience in analytics
- Analytical mindset; proficient in R or Python preferred but not required
- Possess basic skills in SQL
- Proficient in Tableau, Mode, or other data visualization tools
- Experience with experiment design and A/B test analysis across multiple KPIs
- Superior teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills