Data Analyst (All levels) at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
As a Data Analyst, you will own and maintain stakeholder relationships to gather requirements, translate requirements into organized workflows and deliver actionable analysis that improves the operational performance of the claims function. You will also be accountable for data quality, report accuracy, model integrity, and business impact of the analytics function.
In the first few months you will have...
- Developed working knowledge of Clearcover products, features, and related data sources
- Directed changes to our warehouse data models when you identified gaps
- The ability to document your work and understanding the importance of clear documentation as the company grows
- Ample opportunities to solve complex problems and deliver solutions with real business impact.
What do you need?
- Advanced SQL ability necessary for discovering, manipulating and exporting data to support external data requests.
- Significant experience working with complex data
- Demonstrated work experience with at-least one BI tool (Looker is preferred)
- Be a self-starter that finds the most valuable ways to add value without being asked
- Experience prioritizing and executing simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Support company-wide metrics creation, alignment, and reporting to provide context and clarity through intuitive data definitions and structures
What’s nice to have?
- Experience with DBT (Data Build Tool)
- Experience with version control tools (Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a workload comprising short-term, long-term, and ad hoc projects
- Some experience with Python or other scripting programming language
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
- Monthly snack allowance
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.