We believe a large part of building an effective insurance company can be solved with a principled quantitative framework. We are committed to the rigorous development and effective deployment of modern statistical machine learning methods to problems in the insurance industry.
We're looking for a Sr. Data Analyst to become an expert on Root's telematics data; we've created the mechanisms to collect and process massive amounts of smartphone sensor data, but we need help validating, improving, and teaching other teams about them. In this role, you'll collaborate with data scientists in developing deeper insights and understandings across various analytical projects, identifying trends and impacts across our data. You'll also build monitoring of critical telematic KPIs from the ground up, helping a wide range of stakeholders stay up-to-date on what's happening.
We are open to hiring at a more senior level for a candidate with outstanding skills and experience.
What you'll be doing.
- Analyze large telematic datasets to derive key insights about driver and fleet behavior
- Create data-driven narratives and storytelling to support internal and external communications
- Develop and maintain the key documents and dashboards on core telematics models
- Validate and improve core telematics data strategies
- Investigate and root cause anomalies in Root's petabyte-scale data
What we're looking for.
- 3+ years of Data Analyst/Data Scientist experience in a business or academic environment
- Strong programming skills. Python preferred
- Demonstrable experience with SQL
- Knowledge of basic and advanced statistical techniques
- Advanced degree in a technical or quantitative field preferred
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a data-driven technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.