Root is looking for a talented Analytics Manager to join our growing team and lead our business intelligence and governance efforts. You will manage the team responsible for enterprise reporting. Your team is made up of Tableau Developers, Data Engineers and our Data Governance lead. As member of the Analytics Team at Root, you will be an advocate for informed, data-driven decision-making. You’ll partner directly with stakeholders across Product, Marketing, Finance to define high-level metrics then prototype these for deployment throughout our datasets with Engineering. Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to design and implement data tools to enhance efficiency and ensure scalability. This team is highly collaborative, so clear communication, organization, and the ability to lead and persuade a cross-functional group is critical.
Reports to: VP of Analytics
What you'll be doing.
- Coach and develop the team to deliver high quality, reliable data visualizations that will be used by leaders of the business, verifying quality before distributing to internal customers
- Work with engineers and other analysts to improve the structure and quality of data in the data warehouse. Work with Engineering to define what’s next in our data product stack
- Create reporting requirements and develop long term strategy for various reporting solutions, building the roadmaps and seeing through to delivery
- Actively participate in Analytics Leadership meetings and discussions
- Create content for and deliver company-wide workshops on data tooling, increasing the usage of self-service
- 4+ years experience in a fast paced, agile organization (insurance industry preferred)
- 1+ year managing a team
- Demonstrable experience leading and implementing ambitious and innovative data initiatives
- Advanced SQL
- Hands on Tableau experience
- Great communicator
- Highly collaborative
- Experience leading data transformation projects preferred
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.