Data Engineer at LogicGate (Chicago, IL or Remote)
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company that needs YOU to help us as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk, and compliance). At LogicGate, you’ll join a group of bright, welcoming people ready to learn, grow, and do the right thing for our customers.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Data Engineer to join our Information Security & Technology team, who is empowered to design and build pipelines that support key business intelligence and product growth functions. You’re the type of person that is driven to set a vision for how a company should consume data, test and refine assumptions, and partner with various stakeholders to make it a reality.
What you’d achieve
- Help define, evolve our data platform with scale and growth in mind
- Work closely with senior leadership across our Product, Marketing, and Customer teams around data products that will drive our business objectives to the next level through actionable information
- Craft data stack & architecture recommendations and work with various Engineering & InfoSec stakeholders to make it happen, securely
- Maintain efficient and extensible data frameworks to focus and prioritize data consumers
- Set the standard for ELT processes across the organization
What value you’d bring
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and implementing modern data pipelines in AWS or GCP
- You have expertise in developing and maintaining relational database structures and relationships
- You have a solid background partnering with DevOps teams to manage requirements for version-controlled infrastructure and supporting cloud services
- You are comfortable architecting and deploying data orchestrators, preferably Airflow
- You believe in writing great documentation with a desire to educate others on leading data engineering practices
- You are knowledgeable about software engineering practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- You have a familiarity with data quality automation
This job is eligible for remote work in all states with the exception of Colorado.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work Environment
- Regular cadence of communication organization-wide like monthly All Hands meetings.
- Highly collaborative, cross functional environment leveraging all the right tools no matter your location.
- Commitment to the growth of our employees through various frameworks including an Emerging Leaders Program.
- Social activities (yes, even remotely!) where we can come together and celebrate all that we’ve accomplished like an amazing anniversary party or talent show!
- Time Off; 33 business days in first year of employment
- 16 Days PTO
- 9 Company Holidays (Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Thanksgiving, etc.) PLUS two floating holidays annually
- 6 Health Days (Mental & Physical)
- Equitable Parental Leave Policy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for Medical, Dental and Vision
- LogicGate covers 80% of employee premiums
- Flex Rewards
- Monthly funds on Benepass debit card to be leveraged by the employee (cell phone, streaming services, child care, dog walker, etc.)
- Partial ownership of company through stock options
Here are just a few things we’ve been up to recently:
- We’ve secured $156M in total funding to help us continue our mission
- We earned our placement as the #1 GRC Solution on the G2 Grid - an honor we’ve received many times over!
- We were included on Built-In Chicago's list of Best Small Companies to Work For in 2020, Crain's Chicago Business 2021 Best Places to Work, and Chicago Tribune Top Workplaces 2020!
Not too familiar with GRC? That’s ok—a lot of us weren’t when we were in your shoes either. Here’s what you need to know:
- GRC stands for governance, risk management, and compliance
- GRC professionals help their companies manage uncertainty, act with integrity, and stay on the right side of the law. Bottom line: they keep their companies on the right track.
- GRC is a huge market, and growing fast. Not only is it a $35 billion industry today, it’s predicted to grow to $64 billion by 2025. This is what we’re going after!
LogicGate is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing LogicGate employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices reopen, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at a LogicGate office.