Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is a Data Scientist, Marketing and Acquisition at Clearcover?
Clearcover has an enormous range of opportunities around data science and machine learning. As a Data Scientist, you will be expected to help this team set the right mix of goals that will impact the whole business. A successful Data Scientist will collaborate with our machine learning engineers and data engineers to proactively influence the direction of the company.
What will you do?
- Take ownership of specific business problems and goals.
- Work with non-technical stakeholders as well as engineers to help identify the best use-cases for machine learning.
- Define problems and objectives.
- Strategize on building models and assist with deployments into production.
- Work with the team to measure impact and make updates to the model and service as needed.
- Communicate results, explain behavior of models, and set appropriate expectations with stakeholders.
What do you need?
- Experience using the usual Python data science stack -- Pandas, scikit-learn, NumPy, XGBoost, notebook environments, etc.
- Strong Python skills, including object-oriented programming.
- Working knowledge of SQL, including Snowflake or similar systems.
- Experience with the different types of machine learning techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of how the various modeling techniques work.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new frameworks and toolchain for model deployment and monitoring.
- Experience communicating and working cross-functionally.
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.