PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to deliver cloud-based software that collects and displays ratings and reviews on websites.
As a Data Scientist, you will help lead the next generation of analytics and insights product offerings. Using the robust and unique combination of tools and datasets available at your disposal, you will work with the team to take complex but related information and distill it into actionable reports for non-technical audiences. You will work jointly with analytics, engineers, and product to deliver high value reporting that takes advantage of PowerReviews rich and unique consumer behavior datasets.
- Work closely and interact directly with business, technology, and product stakeholders to define and document requirements for new data products
- Takes ownership in projects and suggests revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase the value of analytics across the business.
- Understand the types of data clients are using to make decisions in their own business and how we can leverage that data (and our own) to create new data product offerings
- Articulate storytelling to business & product stakeholders - i.e focus on telling the “business” story that the data shows (and abstract the data complexities and process involved) and have a strong influence on the audience
- Technical expert in machine learning and related data science tools/processes with an interest/aptitude in data visualization best practices
- Ability to work with large datasets, consumer behavior, website behavior, and online ecommerce databases to help answer a diverse set of business questions.
- Familiarity with Snowflake, Tableau, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and AWS technologies.
- Proficient in SQL, R, Python and other data science tool sets that will allow for fast deployment of scalable client-ready solutions.
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity in solving problems is a must. Possess strong communication skills including the ability to publicly present ideas and foster dialogue among internal groups.
- Loves working with data and creatively finding new ways to create valuable insights.
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proven track record of taking datasets and creating models and other value-added structures to identify actionable patterns in large datasets and consumer-generated text.
- Fundamental knowledge of applied statistics, predictive analytics, and mathematics
- Superior verbal, visual and written communication skills with a willingness to learn, share, and improve.
Transparency: Transparency in communication drives trust.
Accountability: We hold each other accountable to execute and improve.
Learning: Continuously learn new skills to find your superpower.
Collaborating: Collaborate with colleagues, customers, and partners to win.
Celebrating: Celebrate the wins and share our success.
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.