Data Visualization Engineer at Lumere
What is Lumere?
Lumere, a GHX company, is at the forefront of clinical decision making for medical devices, offering evidence-based solutions and services that empower physicians and health systems to reduce costly, unwarranted variation. The company works with more than 700 facilities across the U.S.
What is the data visualization team?
The data visualization team develops scalable, automated analyses and data-driven interpretations of those analyses. These empower our healthcare system customers to make strategic decisions backed by scientific research and their own data in order to provide high-value care for their patients. We are passionate about using data visualization to improve the value derived from healthcare. Our team values diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We value creativity and build up our toolset in a collaborative, consensus-based manner.
As a Data Visualization Engineer, you’ll provide the technical leadership for advancing our component-based visualization library. Whether it’s looking to provide advanced interactivity in our visualizations or working to scale commonly used visualization techniques, you’ll have the opportunity to work on our most impactful data problems.
Results from the analyses you’ll support will guide hospital administrators to make evidence-based decisions when working with clinicians and doctors to select medical devices. This allows health systems to reduce costs and improve care for patients. You can help our customers understand which data points are significant enough to make decisions with and which are simply noise.
You will thrive if you love exploring datasets, applying novel data manipulation and communication techniques, identifying and implementing performance improvements, supporting health systems to interpret their utilization and patient data, improving healthcare value for patients, and solving front-end engineering problems.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain Lumere’s data visualization component library while adhering to data visualization and engineering best practices
- Execute against the ‘technical vision’ for data visualization, ensuring that all data visualization efforts are building toward long-term success
- Work closely with Product Management and UX/UI designers to deliver data visualizations to our customers
- Foster our pair-programming and team-wide knowledge sharing efforts
- Review pull requests, troubleshoot tough development issues
- Help to develop code standards that lead to strong performance and long-term maintainability
- Scale new analytical features while improving usability and performance
Necessary requirements to hit the ground running:
- SQL and strong understanding of relational databases
- Experience with Vue.js or Vega a plus