Director, Analytics & Pricing - Student Loans at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Discover has grown to become one of the top five direct banks in the United States since its founding in 1986, and today is well positioned to pursue its vision to be the leading direct bank and payments partner. The company issues the Discover card and is a leader in other banking products that include private student loans, personal and home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, as well as certificates of deposit. It also operates the Discover Global Network, which is comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world.
Discover has established a strong track record of performance since becoming an independent, publicly traded company in 2007. For 10 years, it was the top-performing stock in the S&P 500 Financials Index and the company has grown total loans from $48 billion in 2007 to $96 billion in 2019, deposits from $25 billion to $73 billion, network volume from $186 billion to $403 billion, and net income from $0.6 billion to $2.9 billion.
Discover’s performance is driven by 18,000+ employees who are united by shared values and who are committed to making a difference every day for our customers, owners, communities and one another. Thanks to these employees, Discover receives awards and recognition year-in and year-out for innovative products and features, workplace quality, corporate citizenship, and for providing an industry leading customer experience based on 100% U.S.-based customer service.
Responsible for all aspects of data driven decision making within the Student Loans business; including pricing, portfolio behavior, marketing and operational analytics, reporting, and data management.
- Develop statistical tools and models to support the business including response, balance, rate, segmentation and price elasticity models. Delivers analytic support to other business areas including marketing and operations.
- Manage all aspects of pricing including analytic decision structure, competitive positioning and implementation.
- Develops balance growth strategies. Integrate marketing and price strategies to optimize portfolio performance.
- Assess new product, channel, and business partner proposals for their effects on growth and profitability.
- Manage business reporting and dashboard platforms supporting daily, weekly and monthly portfolio tracking. Manage development of data infrastructure for business and represent business in corporate data governance activities.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance or related. Masters degree highly preferred
- 8+ years of Financial Services or related experience
- SAS and SQL certifications preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record as a trusted advisor and business partner - driving business insights, actions, and accountability, with a customer service-oriented attitude
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.