Director, Analytics at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
In this role: The Director of Analytics will own the organization’s Analytics platform. The ideal candidate has a passion for technology modernization, self-service analytics, and data unification across the enterprise. The right candidate will be self-directed and excited by the prospect of leading the vision, design, and implementation of our company’s reporting and analytic initiatives. This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced business focused leader with a deep background in data and analytics, along with a strong, proven record of delivery.
What will you do?
- Lead a team of data analysts in a rapidly growing organization
- Partner with key business and executive stakeholders to develop and deliver timely and exceptional analytics and insights
- Develop, implement, and execute a modified Agile framework to rapidly execute and deliver work in a transparent manner to our stakeholders
- Manage multiple stakeholders and prioritize and allocate resources to high value work
- Identify, recruit, and hire highly skilled technical professionals
- Build measurable goals with your teams and direct reports and ensure they are meeting or exceeding those goals
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team that helps each other with a willingness to learn and teach each other
- Take ownership and responsibility for quality, accuracy and timely completion of analysis
What do you need?
- 7+ years of experience leading a medium sized team in an analytics-centric environment
- 5+ years of quantitative analysis experience
- Experience at an insurance company in product management preferred
- Ability to identify and resolve problems, think creatively, strategically and analytically
- Successful track record of executing and delivering metrics, dashboards, and insights for business stakeholders for significant projects or initiatives in a timely and transparent manner
- Exceptional communication skills, especially with senior business leaders, with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Deep understanding of data and how it can be used to derive metrics and insights using statistical methods
- Strong growth mindset, especially when it comes to developing, mentoring, and growing junior staff
- Strong work ethic, positive demeanor, and drive to see projects through to successful completion
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience working with insurance data, preferably auto insurance data
- Deep understanding of A/B testing and experiments
- Experience in a start-up or growth environment
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.