Director, Data Engineering at Affinitiv
Join our award winning A -Team!
Ready to product exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
The Director, Data Engineering will report to the CTO. At Affinitiv we are embarked on a journey to transform how data is managed, governed, secured, and consumed in accordance with industry best practices for data in the cloud environment (Yes, "cloud native" not "in the cloud"). This is an opportunity to participate in and help shape the data transformation in very dynamic automotive industry. We are looking for a leader in data space to help shape the future data strategy, capabilities and enable various teams through subject matter expertise, business acumen and experience driving architecture, automation, Data-Ops, and technology modernization.
- Develop data strategy that defines the capabilities for data acquisition, integration, transformation, data-ops, governance & security, analytics and consumption of actionable data, implementing adaptive data architectures and frameworks.
- Create data platform strategy to monetize Affinitiv data assets utilizing modern technologies like API, AI & ML, Cognitive computing & Analytics.
- Manage departmental budget, resources and deliverables.
- Work with key internal and external customers of Affinitiv to define strategic initiatives aligned with broader organization strategy to drive data platform revenue growth.
- Architect end to end data solutions including data collection and storage, data modeling, and data consumption.
- Define cloud data standards, DevOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes
- Align enterprise data architecture with business and technology strategy and roadmaps and effectively communicating to business and technical partners across senior levels of the organization.
- Define and evangelize the adoption of Data Architecture capabilities and standards and build architectural data processes that create repeatable and reusable capabilities to transforms how Affinitiv collects, curates, and consumes data.
- Define, design and document data services, interfaces, and data flows with big picture awareness across all products.
- Demonstrate strong architecture development, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to handle ambiguous and evolving requirements.
- Collaborate, educate, and mentor architects and technical leaders across the organization on modern data architecture practices.
- Partner with Application Architects to design data-intensive applications with API’s and streaming data pipelines.
- Must be able to demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be focused on delivering quality solutions to internal customers; and able to manage internal and external customer relationships effectively.
- Must have excellent presentation and report management skills.
- 15+ years of data modeling experience working with at least three various types of data models (RDBMS, NoSQL, Graph, Columnar, Document) and developing solutions for multiple cloud-based data platforms.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience implementing data solutions using data technologies like Apache Spark, Airflow, Ni-Fi, Apache Atlas, MongoDB, Snowflake, Tableau, PowerBI, Kafka, Elastic Search.
- 3+ years of experience developing data solution leveraging Azure services like Azure Storage, Azure SQL DB/DW, Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Service, HDInsight, Databricks Azure Data Catalog, Cosmo Db, ML Studio, AI/ML, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Event Hub, etc.
- 5+ years architecting scalable, highly available, robust, cloud centric technical solutions.
- Hands on experience with cloud based relational and non-relational databases solutions.
- Expertise in near-time, real-time, time series message-based data movement and storage.
- Deep understanding of data enrichment, transformation, security, movement, data architecture, golden record, and data integrity.
- Experience in working in global engineering teams.
- Experience successfully planning, influencing, and leading architecture initiatives across IT and business organizations and teams.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the company; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- Multiple successes delivering data solutions in an agile/scrum environment.
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across the organization to influence, inspire, and lead others around decisions that provide clear positive results to the company.
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.