Director of Digital Solutions- ML/AI (Remote) at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
About the Opportunity
Epsilon is seeking a Solutions Architect that is responsible for leading client engagements to deliver marketing solutions for our clients utilizing Epsilon’s technology platforms from the digital experience group. As an individual contributor, the Solutions Architect will serve as primary liaison between senior business and technical stakeholders from both the client and Epsilon organizations.
As an Epsilon team member, the Solutions Architect will work closely with Technical Architecture to solution for Agility IQ (Machine learning Platform) and with Clients business and technical organizations to establish how other Epsilon offerings will integrate with and compliment Agility IQ and Agility Suite of solutions.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for successfully connecting client strategic imperatives to effective operational execution of Epsilon’s technology solution. You will partner with the Epsilon Account relationship manager and will be client-facing. To be successful you must have business process, digital & technical domain expertise and excellent communication skills that allow for cultivating confidence and trust with our clients as well as internal Epsilon business partners. The digital experience leader will apply their business and operational acumen to help deliver solutions which best leverage Epsilons capabilities.
The preferred candidate will have either a technical operation, consulting or digital operations background delivering digital solutions, outsourced application development/operations management background.
- Participate in discovery sessions, by agreeing on a marketing strategy from which business outcomes, marketers’ use cases, and customer journeys are formulated and aligned to Epsilon’s technology solutions
- Act as the solution wide functional subject matter expert embedded within a larger delivery team across all phases of a client implementation
- Advise marketing and business users on how to leverage Epsilon’s Agility IQ product in conjunction with other product and platform solutions provided by Epsilon as well as third parties (email, CRM, analytics, data and digital experience)
- Support sales opportunities as needed by providing direction on business best practices to drive Epsilon and client focused solutions
- Assess business objectives and provide accurate estimations of effort by working closely with technical architecture team
- Conduct business requirements session plans and flows
- Summarize technical design to non-technical audiences while at the same time providing direction to the delivery team to execute upon
- Serve as a funnel to the product team on industry needs and use cases for Agility IQ
- Ensure delivery best practices for marketing processes and operations efficiencies are adhered to and refined as needed
- Support the SDLC as an SME for the business and functional requirements from cradle to grave
- Lead the solution delivery and messaging to the client and represent the Epsilon delivery team with the client.
- Work with the delivery team to make sure all project artifacts are created and delivered.
- Responsible for making sure project updates are sent in a timely manner
- Coordinate the UAT sessions and make sure solutions are tested
- Provide thought leadership on data strategy: what are the best practices on identifying, storing, provisioning, processing, and governing data, with particular attention to compliance and security needs
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of Epsilon’s internal on-boarding and sales process
- Contribute to thought leadership and maintain a current understanding of the market’s latest trends, technologies, and competitor insights
- Requires 10 years of extensive experience working in marketing technologies of which 3 years include architecture related experience
- Strong background in marketing technology
- Current expertise with Digital CRM platforms and technologies, knowledge of the trends within client verticals
- Has extensive client vertical knowledge of at least 2 or more markets/verticals (Retail, CPG, Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, etc.)
- Solid background in Campaign Management tools and databases (Unica / Adobe Campaign, etc.)
- Significant delivery experience
- Significant digital experience, including the following
- Customer Experience stack
- Email execution
- Data management platform
- Personalization solutions
- Strong digital experience and the ability to design, package and implement state-of-the-art marketing technology systems
- Ability to develop productive client relationships across different levels of management
- Ability to architect and deliver customer centric marketing solutions
- Work on-site at client office
- Experience working with resource models that utilize offshore resources as part of the core development team
- 5+ years relevant experience including client facing duties
- 7+ years’ experience with software implementations from requirements through design, development and client acceptance
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and analytic driven solutions
- Familiarity with data hygiene processes
- Experience working with sensitive/secure data
- Experience within, and understanding of, all phases of the SDLC
- Understanding of the business functions that data lakes, analytics, machine learning and AI provide and how they can contribute to a broader offering and solution
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in related field; or equivalent work experience.
Other skills, knowledge or abilities:
- Established leader
- Strategic thinker
- Polished presentation skills
- Disciplined organization and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.