Director, Health Information Management at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Director of Health Information Management
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director of Health Information Management to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As Director of Health Information Management, you will work with the Chief Medical Informatics Officer to strengthen the vision and long-term strategy, ongoing improvements and effective deployment of VillageMD's clinical and analytics information systems to enable patient-centric care. Using your blend of nursing, clinical and informatics experience, you serve as the strategic liaison for health informatics efforts that anticipate and respond to clinical needs. You assess evolving patient care delivery models, supporting processes and clinical demands to address the knowledge needs of VillageMD healthcare teams. You help optimize clinical and business intelligence systems to evaluate patient outcomes, support research and advance operational improvements across the continuum of care. You establish strategic external partnerships to ensure data interoperability and data sharing as well as guide internal cross-functional collaboration to standardize clinical content and clinical system strategies.
How you can make a difference:
- Assist in developing a cross-organizational vision for clinical informatics and effective clinical systems strategies in collaboration with other senior nursing, clinical, medical informatics and operational leaders throughout VillageMD.
- Act as a change agent in identifying, developing, implementing and measuring value of informatics strategies to support VillageMD's quality patient care and professional practices.
- Pioneer clinical and IT efforts, working with cross-functional teams to standardize clinical content within EHRs and establish clinical decision support rules, order sets and effective documentation templates.
- Establish strategic partnerships with other market leaders, health systems, and clinical groups to manage data interoperability and data sharing agreements, including ADT and CCDA feeds.
- Leverage best practices and evaluate emerging technologies, establishing a strong internal communication strategy to distribute key knowledge to inform plans and critical strategies.
- Develop an integrated, automated scorecard for documentation completion to drive progress within EMRs.
- Partner with compliance to manage the release of protected health information records.
- Ensure nursing informatics promote current research and evidence-based knowledge.
- Remain abreast of the latest regulatory changes, understanding their impact and interpreting this knowledge effectively for internal and external stakeholders.
- Continuously assess evolving patient-care needs and the ability of informatics processes and support models to positively affect patient-centered care.
- Champion the latest informatics advancements, collaborating with internal clinical and IT leadership, to optimize, plan and implement key areas of expansion and growth.
Skills for success:
- Strong project/program management skills with a demonstrated effectiveness in data analysis, influencing and people leadership
- Demonstrated proficiency in process analysis and improvement
- Strong understanding of clinical needs, the continuum of care as well as the roles of providers, support staff and processes within that continuum
- Ability to translate meaningful data into actionable strategies
- Proficiency in leading cross-functional groups to advance change and process improvements
- Ability to perform under pressure; attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
- Personal drive toward hands-on problem-solving and practical, executable solutions
- Self-confidence, tempered with humility, to develop scalable quality solutions
- Solutions-oriented and able to navigate within ambiguity comfortably
- Drive to remain informed of current trends and evidence-based developments
Experience to drive change:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of successful leadership experience is required
- At least 5 years of clinical experience is necessary
- A minimum of 5-7 years of proven experience working with informatics is needed
- MSN or master's degree in informatics or equivalent is preferred
- MBA or degree in a closely related field is optional
- BSN is required. DNP or PhD in nursing is preferred
- Current, active RN license is required
- RHIT/RHIA or PMP certification is required
- Experience with Athena medical billing solution is preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.