Enterprise BI Architect at VelocityEHS
The Business Intelligence Architect is the technical lead on the Data Analytics team. As an early member of the team, the BIA will work closely with the Sr Director of Data Analytics to develop the company’s business intelligence architecture, including building data pipelines, sources, and reports & dashboards. The BIA will also collaborate with business partners to collect data requirements, implement design ideas, and ensure quality data throughout the data lifecycle.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- BI Architecture: responsible for the end to end vision and engineering of business intelligence technical architecture, including advising on technology decisions and buildout of data warehouse
- Data Modeling: applying architecture related to data flows, integration, and storage of data from multiple source systems to create use case specific data models to guide analytics
- Dashboard Building: collaborating with business partners to identify use case scope, collect data requirements, implement designs ideas, ensure adoption, and monitor quality and accuracy
- Data Governance: responsible for organizing, structuring and storing data in sustainable method that improves usability, data accuracy, definition, ensures quality through the data lifecycle
- Thought Leadership: Advising “customers” front lines thru execs on the “art of the possible” with data, source system architecture to maximize value of data
- Mentorship: Hire, lead, mentor and develop strategic thinking, data integration, modelling and visualization BI team members.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of relevant experience using business intelligence, data warehousing and visualization tools.
- Proficiency programming in SQL, R, SAS, Python, Java, XML or equivalent programming languages.
- Experience with relational databases, data warehousing (and associated topologies), and other data organization methods/models
- Experience with ETL tools and methodologies (Matillion, Talend, Informatica, etc.)
- Experience with advanced BI/Visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience with predictive and or prescriptive analytic methods (time series analysis, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, and similar)
PREFERRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Understanding of Business Intelligence Best Practices, Architectures, Tools, Methodologies, and Software
- Deep Grasp of Data Governance, Data Integrity, Master Data Management, Data Quality
- A passion for ensuring data accuracy, clarity, and quality - an underlying drive to increase efficiency and track organizational measures
- Uses customer feedback to improve service and performs follow-up work without being prompted
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proven ability to partner with client stakeholders from various parts of an organization
- Ability to influence and energize an organization to move towards new BI opportunities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and workstreams in a fast-paced environment
- Change management, Planning, Execution, Monitoring, Delivering through others
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.