Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it's career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help our award-winning technology company run effectively as you take on big challenges and find solutions with a position in Operations.
Use your problem-solving skills to shape the way others see Paylocity. Launch your career with us!
Paylocity's Technical Services team is responsible but not limited to these main functions, Business Analyst, Support Analyst, Programming, and Maintenance. The General Ledger Business Analyst role is designed to consult with our new customers' accounting staff or designated contact(s) to understand their needs on their reporting, confirm the requisite data needed and develop instructions for our G/L programming team to create General Ledger upload files/reports between our WebPay payroll system and the clients' accounting systems.
Reports To: Manager Implementation Technical Services
- Initial client contact to set expectations of dates and information gathering needs.
- Assist customers in filling out information discovery documentation necessary to code G/L projects.
- Follow up with customers to gather additional information as needed.
- Consulting with high level accounting staff at our customer sites to ensure a successful G/L set-up.
- Learn about the customer's G/L needs, ensure that the rules that are developed are complete and comprehensive, write programmer instructions for the G/L programming, and advise on Payroll or G/L structure changes needed to satisfy the accounting goals with internal partners.
- Gather information necessary to create an interface file (if required).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Accounting skills: Experience in Accounting, specifically experience with journal entries and A/P is required. Analyst must be comfortable talking to Accountants about accounting structures and rules specific to each company.
- Consulting skills: Some experience in interpreting the needs of a customer, possibly helping develop new solutions, and describing them to programmers is expected.
- Payroll skills: Experience with payroll and payroll accounting is required for this position.
- Customer Service or Account Management Skills: Experience in a front line customer role.
- Business Analyst skills: Translating and consulting client needs to an internal system and partners for desired solution.
- Competency/experience in multiple accounting systems preferred.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Customer Service Skills
- Exceptional Communication skills: Understand and communicate effectively with others using a variety of contexts and formats, which include writing, speaking, reading listening and interpersonal skills.
- Troubleshooting ability
- Adapts well to change in a fast-paced technology environment
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Process improvement experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office product suite
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position is $46,737- $69,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a full range of benefits outlined here. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.