The programmer will be responsible for using system tools, SQL, and in some cases high-level language tools to develop custom solutions for our Payroll and HR system customers. They additionally may be required to interact with clients to gather requirements and will be developing solutions using financial and mathematical concepts.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Interface with customer payroll data using SQL and Reporting programs
• Test calculations, reports, and system configurations; troubleshoot problems
• Validate the functionality of the end product according to the requirement specifications
• Partner with internal teams to refine customer requirements or identify alternative solutions
• Set client expectations of dates for different milestones in the process
• Explain rules, interfaces, reports, and calculations to customers to ensure that the customizations meet their needs
Education and Experience
State the minimum education, experience, skills, and certifications/training required to successfully perform the job.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/related field or equivalent work experience
• Ability to demonstrate a basic knowledge of SQL
• Prior payroll experience a plus
• One-year experience in an accounts payable function or in a payroll General Ledger configuration role a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Familiarity with general ledge accounting principals
• Modification of SQL Server Stored Procedures
• Modification of SQL Server Reporting Services Reports
• Modification of XSLT translation routines