Government Relations Analyst II at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Government Relations Analyst II performs tasks under the guidance of the various members of the Government Relations Team. The Government Relations Team is relied upon by all facets of the organization including sales, new client implementation, client support and finance. The Government Relations Analyst is primarily responsible for Analyzing information on the legislative environment for regulatory updates and maintaining strong relationships with Government Regulatory Agencies.
Reports To: Manager, Government Relations
The below represents the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Participate in Industry Agency Relations groups (i.e., IRS RAF Team, NPRC, etc).
- Establish, enhance and maintain contacts with various government agencies to ensure compliance in payroll processing, Affordable Care Act Compliance, tax filing & deposits, W-2 and 1099s.
- Provide subject matter expertise in Affordable Care Act Compliance to Internal Partners and provide guidance to ACA Support Manager.
- Interpret legislative changes that impact Payroll Processing and Payroll Tax Preparation.
- Analyze current behavior of Payroll Software to ensure accurate taxability of earnings and deductions.
- Communicate feature enhancements to Product Development Teams around Payroll Tax Processing.
- Work with third party providers to ensure tax software and payroll software is compatible from a Compliance perspective.
- Prepare communication to internal partners and Paylocity website explaining legislative changes.
- Work with Tax & Compliance Management Team to assist with execution of changes required by legislative changes.
- Other related responsibilities at the discretion of management
- 5+ Years Payroll Tax experience
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Taxation or related field desired
- Affordable Care Act Certification desirable
- Enrolled Agent (EA) desirable
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) desirable
- Team Player - will be able to collaborate with others to make awesome happen.
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.