Head of Data Science
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 software-enabled smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased at the fridge or using our mobile apps. We are based in the Fulton Market neighborhood and supported by $45 million in venture capital from prominent local and national firms, including leading technology investor Innovation Endeavors. We are building a world class team to drive fast growth and bring our wholesome, delicious foods to new markets and cities.
About this job:
As the Head of Data Science, you’ll be responsible for driving business decisions by leveraging Farmer’s Fridge’s unique datasets. You will lead efforts to maximize the strategic use of data by collecting data, performing analysis, communicating insights, and building a data-driven culture across the Company. You will build the data team by creating a vision, hiring and growing best in class data scientists, and acting as a key stakeholder in enhancing our data technologies. Just a few of the initiatives you will drive include automating fridge stocking and distribution models, predicting the performance of prospective fridge placements, building personalized product recommendation engines, and leading A/B testing efforts across the organization.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products
- Partner closely with product, engineering, and functional teams by identifying trends and opportunities to solve operational challenges
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions that need to be integrated throughout the company
- Build/maintain dashboards, reports, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products and business
- Mine the large amounts of data and extract useful product insights from proprietary sources
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches
- Lead and grow a team of outstanding analysts
- 5+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal capacity
- 5+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis in a software or machine learning environment
- Proficient with SQL, Python, R, and/or other programming languages.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate analytical results effectively to all levels of the organization (leadership, board, staff, etc.)
- Experience creating a new department and establishing vision for a new function
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Domo, Looker, etc.)
- Experience with Hadoop or other MapReduce paradigms, and associated languages such as Pig, Hive, etc.
- Expertise building big-data analytics solutions with appropriate use of relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field. Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with customer segmentation, churn prediction, campaign optimization, and more
- Experience with AWS data stores (e.g. DynamoDB, Redshift, etc.)
- CPG and software industry experience helpful
- Experience creating and implementing Machine Learning techniques
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: https://www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.