Inbound Transportation Analyst (Remote) at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
Transportation Analyst - REMOTE
Responsibilities of the role will include carrier rate, pricing, capacity support, and analyzing data to determine opportunities to better service the business, as well as system responsibility for day-to-day support and administration of our TMS. Utilize transportation industry and system standards to maintain the current systems, collaborate closely with IT teams, support Transportation operations and other Supply Chain initiatives. Also be responsible for researching and resolving issues to ensure data integrity across systems. This role will operate as the first point of escalation for data or process issues resolution. The manager will ensure all processes of Inbound Transportation are followed resulting in timely resolution of data issues, while minimizing costs and maximizing data integrity.
Optimize and automate the transportation processes by recommending new capabilities/modes/flows/strategies in partnership with TMS provider.
*This position offers the ability to work 100% remote*
- Transportation Management System (TMS) administrator and subject matter authority
- Provide functional user admin support and identify system and process risks and opportunities
- Business process documentation and development
- Track project issues, concerns, deliverables, acceptance criteria
- Analysis and optimization of current operating network and system users/interfaces
- Provide systems analysis, design, specifications and development for Inbound systems
- Liaison between Inbound Transportation, IT and Manhattan
- Strong conceptual, communications and technical skills
- Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Strong data modeling, data quality and database design skills
- Perform TMS and other logistics systems process design, solution testing, configurations, and user training
- Provide analytical support on truckload, intermodal & LTL RFP's
- Prepare for and assist in the negotiation of rates with related carriers as required
- Assist in the analysis of transportation costs, equipment availability and service levels
- Analyze carrier's TL, intermodal, & LTL rate proposals and impact on overall freight costs
- Minimize rating errors for transportation system group and serve as liaison between carrier and system to correct errors
- Develop transportation rate and cost analysis for negotiations, contracts, cost control and carrier meetings
- Other projects as needed
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- TMS, preferably Manhattan, knowledge & experience
- A four-year college degree in Business or related field is required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of transportation, warehousing, supply-chain execution software and third-party logistics
- Strong Excel, MS Access, Cognos or other data manipulation software knowledge. MS Power BI experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical and thinking skills and desire to learn new skills
- Possess a sense of urgency and attention to accuracy and detail
- Talent communicating effectively both orally and in writing with people at all organizational levels
- Capable of managing a variety of tasks simultaneously with rapidly changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and effectively as part of a team