Internal Systems Business Analyst
VelocityEHS currently has an exciting career opportunity within its Technology Team for a bright, analytical thinking, problem-solver. The Business Analyst is adept at proactively identifying process improvement opportunities and technology needs of various business areas, gathering and documenting the business requirements for application enhancements and/or new applications, and serving as the liaison between the business areas and the technology team.
The ideal candidate is achievement-oriented with a proven ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff, in all areas of the company.
We are looking for a motivated, analytical and effective business analyst with strong strategic thinking and writing capabilities. The role is helping implement technology solutions by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to all stakeholders. The position requires exceptional collaborative, teaming and consensus building abilities, as well as proficiency in cross-discipline and cross-product group cooperation.
Working with Sales, Customer Care, Marketing, Professional Services, and Development, the Business Analyst will help develop specifications, analyze competition, and help design the internal projects and enhancements. This role will work with Salesforce.com, Intacct, Clicktools, JIRA, reporting tools, backend systems that support VelocityEHS products, and other systems that support the company’s strategic initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Problem Analysis - create documentation and diagrams to assist in the analysis of a process improvement opportunity
- Requirements Gathering - document specific requirements for application enhancements and/or new development; work with the user team, the project team, the quality assurance team, and the development team to create ensure documentation is suitable for their use including process diagrams, use cases, business, functional, and non-functional requirements
- Solution Identification – works alone or with others to vet through possible solutions; build versus buy analysis; solution feasibility vetting with business units
- Technical Support/Project Lead – acts as technical support and project lead to business unit staff during
- Develop and maintain competitive analysis
- Assist the CFO in assuring ongoing compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with specific direction, or as an individual project lead with only high-level direction
- Attention to detail, strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Strong Internet and computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel) as well as an ability to utilize various project management applications.
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral, written, and facilitation)
- 1-3 years software business analyst experience
- Negotiation and Conflict Management skills
- Requirements Elicitation, Analysis and Documentation
- Business Case Development and Presentation
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion
and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.