Lead Analyst, Strategy & Business Analysis (Returnly) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
You will be a trusted advisor to the executive and functional leadership teams at Returnly and Affirm, supporting them to improve or transform our business and achieve excellence. You will develop strategic approaches based on thorough fact-based analyses in order to deliver fundamental long-term impact on our bottom line.
What you'll do:
- Solve new and challenging problems around eCommerce returns, payments, credit issuance and settlement, fraud detection, economics of SaaS
- Distill knowledge and understanding from data to tackle our most important challenges and capture the greatest opportunities
- Apply your expertise in multivariate analysis, hypothesis testing and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand broader patterns, spot trends and derive insights
- Share your analyses and insights with stakeholders across the business, being able to simplify and communicate complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Support and drive implementation of recommendations, track progress against strategic priorities and report on key business and performance metrics on a regular basis
- Champion data-driven approaches across the business to build a culture that embraces the use of data to make better decisions more often
- Support multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
What we look for:
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience, analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing insights into actionable solutions
- Current or previous experience in strategy consulting will be of advantage
- Fluent in SQL, Excel/Sheets, and visualization tools such as Looker
- Experience with statistical programming language such as Python or RData-driven mindset, strong analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- Demonstrable leadership skills and coaching mentality
- Command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
Location - Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.