Lead BI Developer at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to inspire change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with encouraged and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
The Lead BI Developer focuses on building cutting edge, strategic data and analytics solutions leveraging BI solutions. You will use your experience in data engineering and data visualization to work with clients of all sizes across a variety of industries to help them become more data driven by providing timely, trustworthy data and insights.
What You’ll do and the Impact You’ll Make:
- Work collaboratively with Rightpoint’s data experts in strategic analytics, data engineering and operations.
- Ability to work with client and cross-functional teams to translate requirements into accessible, informative data visualization platforms that address client questions.
- Understand business requirements and KPIs, and create technical specs and a timeline to accomplish work.
- Import a variety of data sources, prepare, model, and create relationships between data.
- Be the expert with quality assurance and refresh/management processes for solutions built.
- Work directly with the client with minimal technical assistance.
- Mentor junior team members to develop against agreed upon requirements.
- An entrepreneurial spirit who is excited by ambiguity, operates autonomously and can make informed decisions with limited oversight.
- Experience at a large consultancy or respected boutique firm is a plus.
What We’d Like to See:
- 5+ years demonstrated advance proficiency in data, analytics, and BI development
- Track record of creating effective reports and dashboards in Power BI
- Interest in thinking broader than data visualization, curiosity to expand skills to other forms of analytics and data applications.
- Data architecture experience, understand data structures and how it translates into data visualization requirements
- Experience developing technical requirements based on business requirements
- Solid understanding of the following concepts
- Data visualization
- Data modeling
- ETL Design and Development
- Data lineage, integrity, and validation
- Data quality / clean up
- Relevant hands-on development experience in the following:
- Design and develop reports and dashboards using PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, amongst others.
- Design and develop database stored procedures, functions, views and queries using various SQL standards (e.g. T-SQL, PL/SQL, etc.)
- Design, develop, tune and maintain ETL packages using ETL tools such as SSIS and Azure Data Factory
- Hands on experiences with Azure tools or their analogues AWS / Google cloud tools (this is not an exhaustive list)
- Information Management: Data Factory, Data Catalog, Event Hubs
- Data Storage: Azure Blob Storage, Azure Database, Azure Data Lake Storage
- Big Data Solution: Azure Data Lake Storage / Analytics, HD Insight, Azure Data Warehouse
- Azure Analysis Services
- Flexible PTO – If you need a day off or an extended vacation, take the time!
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open office or Remote…You choose!
- Great insurance coverage (Multiple Options) and flexible spending accounts
- 401K with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Community Volunteer Opportunities, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, and more
- Monthly WFH/cell phone stipend
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: We care about making Rightpoint a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization to bring about meaningful and measurable changes to representation, team member experience, and client engagement. Here's how:
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): Our ERGs are created and run by team members who share a common community, identity, or allyship. Right now, our ERGs include Parents, Pride, POC, and Womxn. These groups play a vital role in contributing to Rightpoint’s inclusive environment where all are valued and empowered to succeed.
- Partnerships: Out-in-Tech, POINT Foundation, WomenHack, Girls Inc., and more!
- Mentorship Program
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.