Lead Database Administrator at DocuSign
Lead Database Administrator
Engineering & Tech Operations | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
As a Lead Database Administrator to assist in successful operations of the SpringCM platform. The ideal candidate is highly experienced in Microsoft technologies, custom developed .NET applications, N-tier design, and Service-Oriented Architectures.
The Lead Database Administrator reports to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering and is expected to participate with other engineers in the Infrastructure and DevOps teams, as well as with R&D and QA teams, in order to optimize the performance, scalability, and availability of the rapidly growing SpringCM platform and its supporting infrastructure.
- Management of multiple SQL Server clusters in test and Production environments, in multiple data centers.
- Provide ongoing monitoring, performance tuning, and support of SQL.
- Implement and maintain performance metrics, including capacity planning, measuring utilization, performance and health of the systems.
- Perform operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for the SQL environments.
- Collaborate with development engineers to ensure a solid design that scales and conforms to standards.
- Database backup and recovery, connectivity and security, database creation and role assignment.
- Ensure data is protected within defined security standards.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 12+ years of SQL experience with expert understanding of database design for large databases across multiple datacenters.
- 8+ years of advanced knowledge of database development and administration.
- 7+ years of experience with SQL replication.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL AlwaysOn and high availability.
- Experience with SSRS, monitoring software (Idera, SQL Sentry).
- Strong experience with Windows 2016 and SQL 2016.
- Expert experience with TSQL and Powershell.
- Strong people skills, team orientation and a professional attitude.
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and dynamic business environment.
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of companies and tens of millions of users in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign's Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.