Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for analyzing, designing, and implementing fraud mitigation strategies.
- Develops and implements effective fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk, operational cost, and customer experience.
- Analyzes transaction data of new payments products to develop fraud prevention strategies.
- Develops performance reports that communicate risk trends to the business.
- Supports the testing and deployment of new vendor products. Develops business cases for incorporating new technologies.
- Partners in fraud trend reviews to identify vulnerabilities.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, mathematics, analytics, accounting or information technology.
- 4+ years’ experience in data analytics or reporting using SQL.
- 2+ years’ experience in system development
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Tableau desktop.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years’ experience in Tableau desktop
- 2+ years’ experience Payments Fraud Risk discipline in transaction monitoring
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.