Lead Technology Risk Oversight - Risk Management Solutions at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for providing direction and process improvements to GRC application business solutions, including reporting/data availability. Ensuring operational efficiencies for business partners.Responsibilities
- Provide second line technology risk oversight for emerging technologies to address technology risk.
- Leads the effective challenge of risk and mitigation plans.
- Responsible for analyzing and managing technology risk by providing enterprise-wide oversight and governance for technology risk management activities within the company.
- Ensures program compliance and executes risk mitigation activities.
- Monitors and tracks issues and reports.
- Understand and execute technology risk assessment across various technology risk domains.
- Perform continuous and independent assessments across various risk domains
- Performs quality assurance activities, risk assessments, effective challenges, training, and communications.
- Contribute to analyzing technology risks, metrics models, and performance indicators.
- Ability to provide effective leadership and subject matter expertise in Technology Risk topics to senior management, technology and business partners
- Employ influencing skills to obtain buy-in and participation from various groups and stakeholders without direct control
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with partners, clients, and peers
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels of the organization, and with various technical and business audiences
- Excellent problem solving abilities and analytical skills. Ability to see the big picture with high attention to critical details
- Results oriented, is able to achieve desired outcomes independently and at appropriate priority levels
- Provides daily support on data movement between GRC systems.
- Liaises with process owners to understand business requirements and provide feedback on industry best practice. Maintains and provides user efficiency/usability insight into GRC implementations.
- Leads the execution of Archer architectural and developer duties which include design, development and implementation.
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements and design documents.
- Creates and completes applicable documentation to comply with change management standards.
- Leads day to day administration of access control and ongoing configuration requests.
- Design and document processes to support Archer at a platform level (maintenance, patches etc.).
- Ensures implementations and post-implementation activities are well planned, consistent with, and support broader business objectives.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, or Information Technology.
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Services, Risk Management, IT
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Financial Services, Risk Management, IT
- Sound understanding of Technology and it’s management lifecycle including SDLC, Change Management, and Asset Management
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Risk Management, IT
- Good understanding of Technology and risk constructs aligned to COBIT framework including but not limited to Enterprise Architecture, Cloud deployment models and associated security risks
- Knowledge of technology risk programs and process including, but not limited to, Audit reviews, Risk assessment, SDLC, and Incident Management
- BSIMM (Building Security in Maturity Model) Project Management Professional
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.