Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
About the Role:
We’re a start-up and we need people who are flexible and able to do many different tasks. The Operations Analyst position is a crucial project-based role in our organization as business needs change quickly — you may be hired to champion a niche project and then take on a completely unfamiliar challenge a couple months later. You might be an analyst and use technology, data and metrics to help us level-up. You may also be a project manager who tenaciously makes sense of disjointed processes or systems. Either way, you’ll be a key player who makes a difference.
This position is always evolving and we will keep this job post open even as we hire people for it. You might just have the experience, skills or education that we need at any given moment so we encourage you to be authentic and think about how your strengths and interests align with our mission.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Thoughtful, analytical, and humble. You love solving problems and can bring what you’ve learned to the table. You do this because you’re excited and can be helpful and not because you want recognition.
- You are as comfortable building spreadsheets and process flows as you are on a manufacturing floor helping manage critical growth projects with our production team. You look for ways to be more efficient and get excited by the idea of creating order out of chaos.
- You are creative, flexible, and supremely detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture or ultimate goal. It would never occur to you to say, “that’s not my job.”
In a typical week, you will:
- Drive critical, enterprise-wide projects based on priorities for the business
- Analyze current processes, recommend solutions, and implement strategies to help the business grow and scale
- Provide oversight of established business processes to assess effectiveness and impact
- Develop SOPs and/or training materials to support efficient and safe operations as the business scales
- An undergraduate degree
- A demonstrated track record of working on projects related to continuous improvement and change management
- Some data analytics abilities or a willingness to learn
- Ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows
- A deep passion for food and the Farmer's Fridge mission to improve lives through 24/7 access to fresh food
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Monthly cell phone credit
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Volunteer Opportunities. We love to engage with our community and participate in events that are aligned with our mission
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures