Postgres Database Administrator
- Work closely with the Senior Database architect to monitor Postgres clusters utilization and performance and plan for future development
- Oversee the health of databases, including disk space and memory usage, processor and i/o utilization during peak times
- Develop and maintain automated reports to monitor overall database health and other metrics
- Perform both major and minor version upgrades
- Monitor database access and performance; Develop and maintain reports to monitor slow-running queries; Work with report writers on optimizing slow-running reports and queries
- Maintain Github database repositories including pg_tap tests
- Serve as the Postgres database SME for application developers and report writers.
- Stay up to date with tools, trends, and technologies in the FinTech space.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years’ relevant database development experience.
- Previous experience with one of the following: PostgreSQL, AWS, RDS.
- Experience with Git (Github & BitBucket), Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledge of relational theory: database design, normalization and functional dependencies
- Optimization experience, understanding of differences in optimization for OLTP and OLAP
- Knowledge of PL/pgSQL, understanding of how functions and triggers work, experience with user-defined types
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean Software Development such as Kanban, Scrum and Test-Driven Development.
- Ability to thrive in startup environment with heavy workload, competing priorities, and less structure than more established company
- Previous experience in the financial industry with lending products a plus
- Knowledge of Foreign Data Wrappers and foreign tables is a plus
- Knowledge of pg_tap is a plus.
Looking for perks?• 3% 401K employer contribution that is immediately vested• Health benefits? We’ve got you fully covered.• Flexible work schedule with results-based culture• Generous PTO• Annual professional development allowance • Fully stocked kitchen• Casual dress code• Team building events and happy hours• Significant career upside as our business grows