Postgres Database Developer
- As a member of the application development team, serve as the Postgres database guru and SME for all things database
- Develop database functions which will be used by applications
- Participate in system/database design
- Perform OLAP and OLPT queries optimization
- Participate in Agile activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, writing user stories and acceptance criteria, coordinating with end users, application developers and the quality assurance teams.
- Develop ad-hoc queries and reports on demand with short turnaround times as determined by ongoing business priorities
- Assist in the administration of automated/scheduled reports and data extracts.
- Stay up to date with tools, trends, and technologies in the FinTech space.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years’ relevant database development experience.
- Previous experience with Postgres DB
- Strong knowledge of relational theory: database design, normalization, functional dependencies
- Optimization experience, understanding of differences in optimization for OLTP/OLAP
- Prior Knowledge of database procedural language preferably plpgsql for Postgres
- Experience with Git (Github & BitBucket), Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean Software Development such as Kanban, Scrum and Test-Driven Development.
- Ability to thrive in startup environment with heavy workload, competing priorities, and less structure than more established company
- AWS experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in the financial industry with lending products a plus
Looking for perks?• 3% 401K employer contribution that is immediately vested• Health benefits? We’ve got you fully covered.• Flexible work schedule with results-based culture• Generous PTO• Annual professional development allowance • Fully stocked kitchen• Casual dress code• Team building events and happy hours• Significant career upside as our business grows