Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our new Merchant Pricing team. Merchant Pricing is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions and building best practices.
In this role, you will help Affirm scale up its merchant base and achieve profitability targets while managing risk and will collaborate with Data Science, Credit, Product, Engineering, Commercial, Finance and Capital Markets teams. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills with solid knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.What You'll Do
- Partner with Sales and Commercial teams to price B2B products to win competitively while managing to our profitability
- Assist in merchant pricing policy development, new product formation and new markets exploration
- Develop automation tools and models to streamline merchant pricing process
- Develop analytical capabilities to enable pricing optimization at various levels of aggregation addressing needs for both Affirm and external clients
- Develop a robust pricing optimization and monitoring infrastructure; and leverage this infrastructure, to assess, define, and scale pricing opportunities for different verticals
- Build cross-functional relationships and partner with our Data Science, Credit, Product, Engineering, Commercial, Finance and Capital Markets teams to enable efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions with grounding in risk and profitability concerns
- 6+ years of experience in an analytically-driven role (consulting, finance, analytics, pricing, deal desk, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL and Python
- Curiosity to learn about data, models and algorithms and proven track record in analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop strong relationships and work across all organizational levels
- Masters Degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, or Financial Engineering is a plus
- Experience in Financial Services Industry and pricing analytics / deal desk is a plus
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.