Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join the Merchant Pricing team. Merchant Pricing is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions and building best practices.
In this role, you will help Affirm scale up its merchant base and achieve profitability targets while managing risk and will collaborate with Credit, Product, Engineering, Applied Machine Learning, Commercial, Finance and Capital Markets teams! The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills with solid knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
What you'll do
- Own merchant pricing policies and program optimization initiatives for for our largest merchant partners
- Conduct both quantitative analysis/model development as well as qualitative research to develop compelling pricing strategy
- Work with both company and client’s leadership to define program goal, roadmap and manage the execution
- Monitor portfolio performance and identify optimization opportunities through the lens of profitability with a grounding in credit risk
- Build business cases to drive product monetization, drive alignment across the company on new features, policies, discount and promotions
- Assist in new product formation and new markets exploration
What we look for
- 8+ years of experience in an analytically-driven strategy role (management consulting, corporate strategy, analytics, credit, etc.), ideally with experience in consumer lending
- Proactive leader who can seek out new opportunities, drive projects, navigate ambiguity, and develop creative solutions with minimal guidance
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL and Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as ability to work with executives and clients, well-versed with business discussions.
- Deep understanding of economics and trade off between price and quality
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a bank!
- Grit. Lots of grit. You’ll wear 7 hats and not love all of them