Research Analyst at Lumere
What you will be doing:
As a Research Analyst, you will be responsible for researching medical publications from the FDA, peer-reviewed journals, device manufacturers, CMS, and other credible sources to generate unbiased, robust medical device content for our research application. Doctors, nurses, and health system executives rely on our team’s research to make informed product selection and utilization decisions that improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.
The successful candidate will be a naturally curious, self-starter with a passion for learning and understanding medical device technology as well as using evidence-based solutions to transform healthcare.
- Collect, structure, and maintain product specific data from various sources into the Lumere research solution such that our clients fully understand product functionality and potential safety issues.
- Apply critical thinking, creativity, and resourcefulness to make decisions pertaining to data discovery, acquisition, classification and evidence synthesis to inform device decisions and appropriate device utilization, thereby improving patient outcomes and costs.
- Use clinical expertise and discretion to associate spend data to medical products in the Lumere solution to support evidence-based savings strategies and spend utilization insights.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert across a broad set of medical devices to answer specific client inquiries relating to medical device selection and and patient outcomes.
- Continuously balance and prioritize client-requested research with client SLAs, commercial requests for support, and product objectives.
- Identify software improvements to enhance workflow efficiency and maintain quality standards for all product specific information within the Lumere research platform
- Apprentice with our Research managers and experts to not only provide support larger research projects and initiatives but to begin to develop specific, in-depth service line expertise.
- Entry level or 1+ years of medical device research or healthcare industry experience
- BA, BS, MA, or MS degree in biomedical engineering or natural science concentration required
- Firm understanding of medical device functionality
- Understanding of FDA regulatory clearance pathways is desirable
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Excel and MySQL is desirable but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)