Our telematics data has opened the door to new ways of auto pricing: new data everywhere, new analytical approaches, and the massive computational power to finally put the two together. We're looking for actuaries that are ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, building better models and analytics from the ground up.
We're looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to make Root a nation-wide insurance provider by building, filing, and implementing initial rating plans in new auto and renters states. There's no playbook on how to do this; you'll be taking both statistical modeling and creative problem solving to incorporate insights into a final product. However, your role doesn't end once our product is live. Once in the market, you'll be monitoring and reporting on key market metrics, making strategic adjustments to meet Root's goals.
What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Execute pricing initiatives including initial state-by-state roll-out and rate changes for auto and renters products
- Support rate filings and engineering implementations
- Use statistical models to develop rating plans and recommendations for pricing improvements (example: rate indications work, limit studies, etc)
- Build monitoring and reporting on new market metrics vs strategic goals
- Evaluate and analyze market data to make competitive strategic decisions
- Opportunities for growth with company into management or other more senior roles
- 3+ years of P&C insurance experience in an actuarial role
- Demonstrable experience with modeling in R, Python or other modeling software packages
- Intermediate experience in SQL or other database software packages