At Braviant, we believe in hiring great talent and offering them the flexibility to achieve great results unbounded by geography. Braviant is offering a fully remote option for anyone out of state who wants to join our team and help us grow or a hybrid option for those who want to join our Chicago office.
Who we are:
Braviant is a leading provider of tech-enabled credit products that combines breakthrough technology and cutting-edge machine learning to transform how people access credit online. Our next-generation approach to lending reduces credit barriers and creates a Path to Prime to help millions of underbanked consumers build credit history, reduce their cost of borrowing, and take control of their personal finances.
Braviant’s Business Intelligence team in Chicago is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Associate to help bring our business intelligence and reporting to our business functions to help them make the best data driven decisions for our continued growth. You will build and maintain automated business intelligence reporting, collaborate with the business side to build out their suite of reports while maintaining reporting views and objects in our enterprise data warehouse. This is a hands-on role for someone with strong technical skills who enjoys problem solving in a fast-growing industry!
What you'll be doing:
- Work with internal and third-party data sources to create reports using ad hoc SQL, reporting views, and Looker's business intelligence platform.
- Translate business needs into requirements by setting and owning a process to better understand what those needs are.
- Develop reporting to monitor various Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) over time.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Operations and Product teams to develop their catalog of reports.
- Assist the Manager in the documentation and maintenance of key business logic and data dictionary assets.
- Complete ad hoc analysis as needed to help management understand and interpret business results.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of professional experience in a business intelligence/data/reporting related role.
- Proficiency transforming business requirements into robust reporting solutions.
- Proficiency in writing concise and performant SQL queries. Familiarity with other database constructs such as views, materialized views, indices, and ETL processes using Git for source control.
- Proficiency with Looker, or a similar business intelligence tool such as Tableau or QlikView etc.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, statistics, operations research, quantitative finance, physics, engineering, computer science).
What makes you stand out:
- You have a desire to grow as a leader in your role and career by mentoring others on the team.
- Experience managing larger scale reporting or EDW projects.
- Familiarity with Data Governance concepts.
- Experience with PostgreSQL databases.
- Experience managing the backend administration features of a major BI Tool (Looker, Tableau, QlikView, etc.).
What it's like to work here:
We're more than just great snacks, unique outings, a cool office, or swag. We're about achieving results while having fun along the way. We believe in solving problems together and building on each other’s ideas. Our teams are comprised of smart, curious individuals and we encourage everyone to think like an owner, take initiative and drive their careers. Our broad roles provide tremendous opportunities for individuals to acquire new skills, gain exposure to all areas of the business, and quickly see their impact at Braviant.
Read Full Job Description