Senior Compliance Analyst at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s Compliance team crafts and maintains a compliance program that proactively addresses regulatory requirements while also identifying potential compliance issues that may arise. Compliance program activities include advisory, training, testing, monitoring, reporting, and oversight. Although a second line of defense, compliance partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives, as well as issue identification, remediation plans and risk assessment. Compliance uses multiple data sources to enable informed decision making, strengthen controls and provide for better treatment of consumers.
Affirm is seeking Senior Compliance Analysts to support the marketing compliance program, either collaborating with Affirm’s Marketing organization or helping merchant-facing teams with marketing choices. In growing the company’s markets and products, Compliance plays a fundamental role regarding objective and key results (OKRs), providing expertise related to regulatory requirements. These analysts have the opportunity to work with broader Legal and Compliance to identify and assess risk within applicable requirements, plus provide expertise on risk mitigation. The analysts will report to the Compliance Program Manager for Marketing and Lending and will work cross-functionally with other teams.What You'll Do
- Independently review marketing assets and provide constructive feedback
- Meet frequently with internal partners to steward marketing compliance requirements and guide the implementation of merchant and direct marketing
- Develop and maintain training and reference materials to enable efficient compliance reviews
- Detail and optimize critical processes to enable scale, conduct risk assessments, and meet the reporting and QA needs of Affirm's bank partners
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience
- 3+ years of professional work experience, including 1-2 years in Compliance, Risk, Audit, or Bank Regulatory
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and relationship skills
- Curiosity about financial technology and consumer protections
- Experience working with consumer financial laws and regulations related to advertising, such as UDAAP, CAN-SPAM, FCRA, TCPA, TISA (Reg. DD), TILA (Reg. Z), ECOA (Reg. B)
- Measurable background as part of a high-impact team
- Inquisitive and proactive in proposing creative and effective solutions
- Strong project management, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present sophisticated and contentious issues
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.