Senior Data Developer at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere is looking for someone that is passionate about data and can help take our analytical capabilities to the next level. You will be instrumental in ensuring the availability, breadth, and reliability of data that uses to continuously make better technical and trading decisions. You will have the opportunity to actively take part in key decisions as we continue to advance our analytical capabilities. Our Data Engineers are responsible for data services including ETL pipeline implementation, data warehouse architecture, data quality automation, and integration.
You will help solve some of the hardest problems in a team environment, incrementally adapt to change in technologies, and business requirements. You will work on our platform to help ensure that our data quality is flawless. You will get the chance to work with a passionate team of engineers to solve challenging problems and ensure that we can deliver the best data to our traders that drive business insight.
What you’ll do
- Design, build, maintain, and enhance analytical data models/structures in support of Belvedere’s analytical needs
- Establish and ensure reliable flow and integration of data from internally and externally sourced data
- Ensure reliable availability, integrity, and quality of data through automation
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to deliver end-to-end analytics solutions
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional engineering teams to identify and address data gaps or inconsistencies
- Determine reporting needs and integrate with business intelligence visualization tools
- Research, evaluate, and recommend technical solutions for data collection, processing, and reporting
- Create custom tooling, as necessary, to simplify the efforts of both the Business Intelligence team and end-users
What you’ll need
- Experience designing and developing big data warehouses and ETL pipelines
- Solid understanding and background building data structures and leveraging data stores optimized for analytical purposes
- Proficiency and relevant experience with ETL and stream processing toolsets
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and integrate data across multiple data platforms including RDBMS, NoSQL, and Time Series
- Proven ability to research and implement innovative technologies and frameworks incrementally
- Experience with Tick Data Store a plus (Kdb, OneTick, HDF5)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Financial Services or Proprietary trading preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field.
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rate, exchange traded fund (ETF), and equity index options. You name it, we trade it. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
Not sure what this means? No sweat. Our in-house learning and development team, Belvedere Trading University (BTU), will teach you most everything you need to know.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.
Please note that Belvedere Trading does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will become the property of Team Belvedere. No phone calls, please.
Through our efforts to provide a safe environment for you and our team members, all interviews for this position will be conducted virtually via phone or video. We will continue to actively hire and onboard new team members virtually through the remainder of the year unless otherwise noted. Any questions regarding the virtual recruiting process, please reach out to [email protected].