Senior Data Engineer at RedShelf
RedShelf, now #6 on Crain Chicago's Fast50 is growing at a rapid pace, and we’re expanding our Development team.
Founded in 2012, RedShelf was named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine and awarded the title of 2021 Publishing Software of the Year. RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable for students and increase learning effectiveness through its industry-leading digital platform. Partnering with more than 10,000 publishers and content providers along with more than 1,500 business and educational partners worldwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials via our best-in-class eReader, and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortless distribution of course content and engagement solutions.
The Sr Data Engineer is responsible for delivering software that serves as a backbone of integration between RedShelf and its business partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and enhance functionality critical to the success of the business
- Work as a team to deconstruct and tackle stories
- Take on stories and drive them to completion with little to no oversight
- Advocate for paying down technical debt and use development approaches that minimize the growth of new technical debt
- Coach junior members of your team in software development best practices, architecture, technology and process
- Lead by example
- 3+ years of experience creating enterprise-grade server-side Python applications
- 3+ years of working with data in Python
- Experience automating Data Pipelines
- Expert knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Expert knowledge of the Python language and its ecosystem
- Proven track record working with products from major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy and a passion for RedShelf’s mission
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience with Postgres security and administration
- Experience with Postgres optimization
- Experience with Django/ORM, SqlAlchemy, or psycopg2
- Experience with Data Modeling
- Experience developing enterprise-grade REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Data Warehousing and NoSQL
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools
- Experience with DataOps Tools (Nifi, Streamsets, Oozie, Airflow)
- Experience in the EdTech workspace
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.