Senior Data Engineer at VillageMD
Why Data @ VillageMD?
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
Quality data is fundamental to VillageMD’s success. As a rapidly growing company, we are preparing for a future of tremendous growth and transformation. We are rebuilding our Data Engineering practice to enable the company’s success by building a solid data foundation. We are seeking stunning Senior Data Engineers to help us define and realize our vision for trustworthy data across the company.
What is Data Engineering at VillageMD?
We need to ensure every area of the business has trustworthy data to fuel insight and innovation. Understanding the business need, securing the right data sources, designing usable data models, and building robust & dependable data pipelines are essential skills to meet this goal.
At the same time, the technology used to create great data is continually evolving. We need senior engineers who are passionate not only about the data, but also about improving the technology we leverage for Data Engineering.
What will make you successful here?
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data processing systems (batch and/or streaming) to drive business growth and improve the product experience.
- Build scalable data pipelines leveraging orchestration technologies.
- Design our data models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Understand and influence logging to support our data flow, architecting logging best practices where needed.
- Contribute to shared Data Engineering tooling & standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for Data Engineers across the company.
- Improve data quality by using & improving internal tools to automatically detect issues.
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by delivering value
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 5+ years of relevant healthcare data experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies, provide data insights, and advance effective product solutions
- 5+ years of software development experience (python, scala, java)
- Deep knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills across distributed teams
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.