Senior Data Engineer at The Kraft Heinz Company (Remote)
WHO WE ARE
We're one of the world's largest food and beverage companies and a trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods, earning us a spot on 97% of American household tables. As the guardians of our beloved brands and the creators of innovative products, we're dedicated To Sustainably Grow by Delighting More Consumers Globally.
Today, The Kraft Heinz Company is building a new legacy by investing in a robust Digital infrastructure to revolutionize the food and beverage industry. We are on a journey to create a digitally-powered, agile-enterprise – all while honoring a 150-year heritage and a portfolio of 200 iconic brands. At the heart of this journey is our ambition to create an environment where powerful AI solutions augment humans and where small mission-based teams relentlessly pursue tangible solutions for our consumers, customers, and the enterprise.
That ambition requires us to create a modern cloud and data ecosystem - a one of its kind that becomes the neural network of our company. We want you to bring your tech-self to us. We use Python, R, Spark, React, Tableau, Snowflake, Azure, and others to solve our business challenges. You can look forward to high-impact, no bureaucracy, entrepreneurial work – done in small teams – and a unique opportunity to create something bold, something awesome, something inventive -- and something globally impactful.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work closely with a multidisciplinary agile team to build high quality data pipelines driving analytic solutions. These solutions will generate insights from our connected data, enabling Kraft Heinz to advance data-driven decision-making capabilities across the enterprise.
You will have a deep understanding of data architecture, data engineering, data analysis, reporting with a basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows. This will require good understanding of business processes supported by the data pipeline. Examples of problems you will tackle include helping R&D determine the next generation of household products, revolutionizing consumer engagement with personally relevant content, and reinventing our supply chain to eliminate food waste. Furthermore, you will:
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to ELT principles and business goals
- Identify and solve complex data problems to deliver insights that helps our business to achieve their goals
- Create data products for Business Intelligence Engineers, Business Analyst, and data scientist team members to improve their productivity
- Advise, consult, mentor and coach other data and analytic professionals on data standards and practices
- Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical solutions
- Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools and process for analytic data engineering to improve our productivity as a team
- Develop and deliver communication and education plans on analytic data engineering capabilities, standards, and processes
- Partner with machine learning engineers, business intelligence engineers and solutions architects to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives.
- Learn about machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of experience working in data engineering or architecture role
- Experience in building ELT pipelines (Google Platform preferred) to pull data from various source systems and consolidate the data for end user consumption
- Experience in developing and maintaining data warehouses e.g. Snowflake, Big Query
- An agile learner who brings strong problem-solving skills, and enjoys working as part of a technical, cross functional team to solve complex data problems
- Experience in working with BI developers to curate data for end user reporting and good understanding of the BI dashboard needs, dashboard performance metrics and data volume problems/solutions
- Conceptual knowledge of data and analytics, such as dimensional modeling, data governance, and data warehousing
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system
- Exposure to machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics
- A consensus gainer who brings a strong numbers sense; you are intellectually curious and willing to adjust your position based on additional information
- Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering preferred or equivalent experience
We're accelerating our ambition to become a best-in-class Digital leader by making data-driven investments that drive smarter business decisions. We’re dedicated To Sustainably Grow by Delighting More Consumers Globally, and what we build today helps bring joy to customers, consumers, and communities around the world tomorrow. Here at Kraft Heinz, we're not afraid to challenge the status quo.
We are bold. We embrace new ideas. We value diverse perspectives, and we dare to do better every single day. We reward courage in the face of uncertainty. And every day, we are transforming our industry. We are creating the future of food, and we invite you to join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity