Senior Data Scientist- Behavioral Expert at NielsenIQ
Our Connect Data Science Omnishopper team is designing new Panel solutions. Our clients around the world rely on Connect data and insights to innovate and grow.
The purpose of this role is to work on the development of new Omnishopper products, a new way to measure how people shop, both online and in-store. We are looking for someone to join Project Mercury and eventually support other Omnishopper initiatives. Ideally, you should have knowledge of consumer panel behavior, experience related with unmanaged panels and developing strategies for improving panel engagement, improving data quality, and influencing panelists. You should have a passion for consumer sourced data!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be the expert for behavioral aspects of our Omnishopper panels
- Evaluate current methodologies to identify opportunities for enhancement
- Present and communicate findings and recommendations based on research and analyses
- Document findings, methodologies, and best practices
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree
- Experienced in high-level programming languages (Python or R)
- Knowledge in SQL, working with queries and large-scale databases
- Excellent statistical and logic skills. Experience in trend analysis, multivariate statistics (parametric/ non-parametric), sampling, bias reduction, indirect estimation, data aggregation techniques, data fusion (nice to have), and model validation techniques.
- Strong aptitude for data analysis. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret large data sources.
- Domain expert in at least one area: Demography, Sampling, Statistics Modeling, Research Practices.
- Strong communication/writing and collaboration skills.
- Eager to continuously learn and adopt changing technologies and tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.