Senior Data Scientist
Unique opportunity with a mobile marketing leader
Vibes helps brands unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing.
We are a group of passionate technologists, intent on solving hard problems in the evolving world of mobile engagement. We build technology that enriches the way people connect with the brands they love. At Vibes, Data Science is part of our engineering team, and our data scientists work directly with our engineers to deliver insights, predictions, and recommendations both via our platform and to leaders across the company.
You are a highly experienced Data Scientist who is passionate about having a big impact at a growth stage company and working closely with internal and external stakeholders to define and build a Data Science strategy for our platform that will accelerate our growth and impact in the market.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Data & Analytics.
- Create a formal Data Science practice at Vibes, serve as resident Data Science expert, and work with product and engineering leadership to define our Data Science strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer and products in order to create models that populate predictions and prescriptions throughout our platform, anticipate how campaigns will perform and provide automated recommendations to increase performance
- Work with key leaders in our CRO and CTO organizations to provide data-driven insights and models for high value decisions such as deciding where to invest engineering and marketing resources, and driving product and GTM strategy
- Mentor data scientists on the team, work together to collaborate, build out and execute on the data science practice and strategy
- 5+ years in a related data science experience including data mining, statistical analysis, natural language processing and predictive modeling, and data manipulation for machine learning (Less experience required with advanced degrees)
- Experience in a software company, preferred
- Experience taking initiative through the full development lifecycle from discovery, to production build, to launch, to measuring and optimizing
- Strong communication and data storytelling skills, able to present to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with A/B testing and evaluating appropriate KPIs
- Strong SQL skills and mastery of programming languages such as Python or R
- Experience developing in a modern cloud environment (AWS preferred), data pipeline, and big data technologies like Spark
Our Core Values
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.