We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
What we are looking for:
As a Data Scientist you will be building models and tooling as part of the digital manufacturing platform Fast Radius is creating. The key concerns of the data science team range from predicting the cost of parts to helping plan and schedule factory capacity to solving optimization problems around sales and marketing efforts. You'll play a key role in technical decisions, be on the ground in implementation, and help internal and external consumers understand your output and reasoning.
Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Work across teams to understand problem requirements and turn them into proper features and models
- Develop and maintain infrastructure around model training and model APIs, including ownership of performance
- Advise analysts and non-technical teams on issues where data science can make an impact
- 6+ years of professional experience in the areas below:
- Standard machine learning techniques (random forests, boosted learning, SVMs, etc.)
- Familiarity with linear optimization models is a plus
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering processes, including additive, is also a plus
- Python or Scala, and SQL
- Experience working across functions, including nontechnical departments to gather requirements and ensure understanding
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description