We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
A Production Database Administrator with a deep demonstrated knowledge of MS SQL administrative tasks and the ability to consult on design, development, and automation improvements. Having a passion for maintaining MS SQL databases that meet or exceed internal and client contracted production SLAs for availability and performance. The right candidate will ideally have past hands-on experience administering MS SQL databases running in a public cloud environment such as AWS or MS Azure. This position is a part of our Service Delivery team.
- Candidates must be willing to start work at 8 AM
- Document complex installation, configuration, and optimization procedures so they can be automated.
- Provide support 24/7/365 for any troubleshooting or corrective actions related to incidents impacting application availability within the production environments.
- Take proactive measures to monitor, trend, and tune SQL databases, such as running maintenance jobs (backups, DBCCs, apply indexes/re-indexing, etc.), to meet or exceed baseline stability and performance SLAs on large databases (1 TB+) and large volumes of databases (100+).
- Create, implement, and maintain SQL DB Health Checks, and have a demonstrated ability to automate SQL health reporting/event notification, and corrective actions.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms, and have a demonstrated ability to monitor/trend SQL environments to determine and implement enhanced monitoring thresholds to prevent incidents and reduce mean time to recovery (MTTR).
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including scaling up or out, server configuration changes, index/query changes, etc.
- Identify code defects and enhancements and develop a detailed root cause analysis that can be leveraged by the product management and development teams to improve application availability and decrease the total cost of ownership.
- Ensure databases are being backed up and can be recovered in a manner that meets all BCDR objectives for RPO and RTO.
- Perform all database management responsibilities in Microsoft Azure for production and non-production workloads.
- At least 4 year's experience working as a Microsoft SQL DBA leveraging versions 2008r2 or later.
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 operation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or relevant experience
- Familiar with basic Azure IaaS capabilities, and some experience designing and building MS SQL databases within Azure or AWS is a plus.
- Experience operating in an ISO certified and/or highly regulated (SSAE, PCI, HIPPA, etc.) hosting operation.
- Familiar with Dev/Ops concepts, and ideally experience working with a Dev/Ops team focused on implementing and enhancing continuous delivery capabilities.
- Experience automating SQL Server deployment and configuration through PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, etc.
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.